Thursday 9/8/11

Physical:
Warm-up:
Foam roll, dynamic, mobility
wall corner stretch (pec minor release/mid trap activation)
Jobes 10-15ea 2x (I switch circuits each week and I cut out internal rotation exercises)
"prayer stretches" - Pec minor mobility on foam roller - I also include these between sets when I bench press, it seems to help keep my bar path smooth and in it's groove.

Workout:
1. Press 5xAMAP/50% of BW (15min)
2. Ring Rows w/feet on box 5×AMAP (15min)

3 Sets
3. Push Ups w/feet on box 10x
4. Chin Ups 10x
5. Dumbbell Pull Over 10x

3 Sets
6. Straight Arm Lat Pull Down 12x
7. Dumbbell Incline Fly’s (Do it on flat bench.) 12x

3 Sets
8. Dumbbell Rotation Curls 12x
9. Standing Dumbbell Skull Crusher 12x


Mental:
20 min. seated-breathing-meditation

Spiritual:
Proverbs Ch8. This section caught my attention. Prov 8:17-21
17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me early and diligently shall find me. [1 Sam 2:30; Ps 91:14; John 14:21; James 1:5.]
18 Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness (uprightness in every area and relation, and right standing with God). [Prov 3:16; Matt 6:33.]
19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than refined gold, and my increase than choice silver.
20 I [Wisdom] walk in the way of righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation), in the midst of the paths of justice,
21 That I may cause those who love me to inherit [true] riches and that I may fill their treasuries.
AMP

Notes: Couple thoughts; I was advised once to get a software program called PC Study Bible (http://www.biblesoft.com/new/) so that I could study the bible better, another professor said I should get a basic library going to study the word. His list can be found here (http://www.disciplecenter.com/). I liked the PC Study Bible much, much better, although the paper version is cool too because I can write in the margins, highlight and generally feel the writing literally, which helps me learn. I'm reminded of all this because I copied and pasted some stuff from Biblesoft today...that's all. If I were advising you, I'd suggest you get the biblesoft going right now. To have both is redundant and not necessary so just pick one and move on. Second thought: I use the Amplified version of the bible on the biblesoft stuff, the New American Standard Bible for my reading, and the NIV for my pocket version and reading large chunks almost like I would a novel. So now you know where this stuff is coming from if I don't site it on the links.

Back in college I started this idea that I could read a chapter of proverbs for each day of the month, I figured there are 31 chapters in Proverbs and usually around 30 days in the month so it works pretty well. Today I also remembered a comment my college pastor mentioned once; in some of the oldest bibles the book of John comes first in the New Testament, this creates a beautiful play on words between Genesis and John;
John 1:1-5
1:1 IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ( Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. [Isa 9:6.]
2 He was present originally with God.
3 All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.
4 In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.
5 And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it].
AMP
Then Genesis says: Gen 1:1-5
1:1 IN THE beginning God (prepared, formed, fashioned, and) created the heavens and the earth. [Heb 11:3.]
2 The earth was without form and an empty waste, and darkness was upon the face of the very great deep. The Spirit of God was moving (hovering, brooding) over the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light; and there was light.
4 And God saw that the light was good (suitable, pleasant) and He approved it; and God separated the light from the darkness. [2 Cor 4:6.]
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
AMP

Wisdom is the foundation of everything. Jesus is wisdom in the flesh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindset - Microgoals

Mindset - Flip the Script

From Side Hustles to Savings Accounts: Your Modern Guide to Personal Finance, Inspired by Babylon's Richest Man