Tuesday 10/4/11

Physical:
1. DeadLift 5/45% 5/65% 5/75%
2. Good Morning 3×6
3. GH Sit Up
4. Full GHD 3×6

Mental: 20 min. seated meditation

Spiritual: Read prov. Ch 4
This verse stands out me:
23 Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life
Mostly because I'm reminded of a time when my pastor was explaining to me the Jewish tradition of saying heart when they are talking about the mind and gut when they talk about "heart," and loins when they are talking about "going with your gut feeling." So in reality, this verse is saying that we should watch over our thoughts with diligence, because our thoughts create our behaviors, values, and ultimately the results and our "life." This is a great reminder for me. I tend to focus on the negative, a lot. This is really, really counterproductive and destructive.  

Notes: I need to remind myself often that victory comes after faith has been tested. I had a random thought today that 1. The first commandment says to not have any other gods before Him; 2. faith is the price for salvation; 3. since He is faithful and Holy, He tells us to be like him (faithful and Holy); it makes sense then, that our temporal rewards come after we are faithful. Faith is increasingly important then for our physical, emotional,  mental and spiritual well being. I have no idea if this is biblical or true and real, just thinking about things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindset - Microgoals

Mindset - Flip the Script

From Side Hustles to Savings Accounts: Your Modern Guide to Personal Finance, Inspired by Babylon's Richest Man